Configuration Manager Specialist
Tasks associated with the on-site Configuration Manaement Specialist services shall include, but not be limited to:
- Managing the core Configuration Management principles of identification, control, status accounting, reviews and audits, release and product quality.
- Control the change process to incorporate only approved and validated changes into product baselines for both documentation and source code.
- Train and support software developers and engineers on change requests and documentation reviews, source code control, build automation, and merge resolution.
- Develop and maintain Technical Configuration and Configuration Data Management Plans and Data Packages.
- Identify Configuration Items (CIs) and requirements and assist in the development and maintenance of CI databases.
- Attend meetings and conferences such as engineering reviews, configuration control boards, technical meetings, planning meetings, business strategy panels, user’s group meetings.
- Maintain configuration over multi weapon system test environments to include software, hardware and firmware.
- Responsible for maintaining the tools and processes for a large, enterprise level system in a fast paced, agile, client-oriented environment.
- Integration of CM tools with the agile processes and build / deployment tools, to create and support the agile operations and automated builds and deployment.
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional teams and provide a basic understanding of CM principles and procedures.
- Deliver quality audit metrics upon request.
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills through monthly program status briefings.
- Demonstrate continual process improvement (CPI) through participation in Art of the Possible CPI working groups.
- Create and maintain configuration management related policy, processes and procedures.
- Plan/coordinate release schedules and cycles.
- Measure/monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and meet or exceed expectations.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
- Conduct and report Milestone Reviews and Audits.
- Implement DOD and AF classified information protection standards.
- Apply derivative classification to classified material and documents.
Desired/Beneficial CME Capabilities:
In addition to the minimal taskings listed above, additional capabilities and experience that would be beneficial in performance of CME required tasks include but are not limited to:
- Military weapons system software/firmware/hardware integration.
- Formal licenses/certifications or training for above listed software applications, code languages and database design/administration.
- SAE EIA-649 and SAE EIA-649-1 National Consensus Standards for Configuration Management training prior to reporting date.
- Certified and trained in one or more of the following EIA-649, and/or Certified International Configuration Manager by Configuration Management Training Foundation, Institute of Configuration Management, and/or Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI).