KMS Solutions, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Subsystem Technologies, Inc. (SUBSYSTEMs), is dedicated to providing high quality consulting and technical services to commercial and Government clients. Our principals are experienced in and dedicated to serving the needs of US Government related activities. Specific market areas include the US Navy, the US Intelligence Community, the Department of Defense and its C4ISR programs, and other Federal technology and human capital management related activities. Our employees are located in the continental United States and globally deployed supporting decision makers at the highest levels of industry and the federal government with systems engineering, human capital development, and advisory & assistance professional services.
The qualified candidate will provide semi-professional technical support for engineers working in research, design, development testing or operations. Work may include electrical, electronic, or mechanical components for complex military systems. This includes working with engineers during prototype phases, troubleshooting design problems, and supporting system testing. The Engineering Technician performs standardized or prescribed assignments involving a sequence of related operations, follows standard work methods on recurring assignments but receives explicit instructions on unfamiliar assignments. Technical adequacy of routine work is reviewed on completion; non-routine work may be reviewed in progress.
Typical duties include:
1. Prepares designs and specifications for various complex equipment or systems (e.g., new electronic components, such as solid-state devices for instrumentation equipment).
2. Plans approach to solve design problems, conceives and recommends new design techniques, resolves design problems with customers, and assures compatibility of design with other parts of the system.
3. Designs and coordinates test set-ups and experiments to prove or disprove the feasibility of preliminary design, uses untried and untested measurement techniques, and improves the performance of the equipment. This person may advise equipment users on redesign to solve unique operational deficiencies.
4. Plans approach and conducts various experiments to develop equipment or systems.
LOCATION: Newport, RI
CLEARANCE/ACCESS LEVEL REQUIRED: SECRET (Minimum); potential employees must be able to obtain a clearance if not already in possession of one.
Required Education and Experience
• Associates degree in electronics or engineering field.
• Two or more years of technical/lab support experience.
• Experience in soldering with certifications, cable or circuit board assembly, and prototype testing.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
2. 5 years of previous technical experience.
3. Significant experience in electronics and cable assembly, soldering, and troubleshooting.
4. Familiarity with Military Systems (US Naval systems preferred).
PERCENTAGE OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: 10%